UNITED STATES ANTI-DOPING AGENCY
Last modified April 3, 2015
Last modified April 3, 2015
Amendments to this Policy will be posted on the Site and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any amendment will constitute your acceptance of that amendment.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact USADA at email@example.com or by phone at 719-785-2047 (toll-free 866-601-2632).
1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
(a) We only collect and share personally identifiable information regarding users of the Site as described in this Policy and for the purposes identified in the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing (the "USADA Protocol"). Except as noted in this Policy, personally identifiable information collected on the Site is not shared with third parties without your consent.
(b) We may automatically collect personally identifiable information from you when you access the Site. We may also collect personally identifiable information from you through a number of voluntary sources on the Site, such as registration, whereabouts information, or other electronic submissions and communications sent by you to USADA or the Site. The personally identifiable information we may collect from you may include, without limitation: domain name and IP address; e-mail address(es); name; postal address(es); zip code; phone number(s); mobile device type; mobile carrier; account name(s) and password(s); age; employment, biographical, and education information; sport information; testing information; location information, including location information provided by a mobile device or associated with your IP address; user-specific and aggregate information on areas of the Site accessed; and other information volunteered by you. Personally identifiable information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or service or categories of Site and service users, from which any personal information has been removed. We collect aggregate data for a number of purposes, including to help us understand trends and user needs so that we can better consider new services, and tailor existing services, to user desires. This Policy in no way limits or restricts our collection and use of aggregate information.
(c) We reserve the right to collect personally identifiable information from your or about you in a variety of manners not described here which may include but are not limited to: testing of samples, interviews, investigations, open source information reviews and the exchange of information with other persons and entities.
2. USAGE AND DISCLOSURE.
(a) The personally identifiable information submitted through the Site may be used for a variety of anti-doping related purposes, including without limitation, the notification of USADA employees and/or contractors of your whereabouts to permit them to conduct anti-doping related sample collections or make other contact with you. In addition, the personally identifiable information may be used for other limited purposes, including without limitation, to provide the services offered through the Site to users of the Site, to customize content displayed on the Site and/or the layout of the Site for each individual user of the Site, to notify users of the Site about updates to and activities on the Site and about goods, services and information that we feel may be of interest to you, to improve the content of the Site, to analyze data and patterns regarding usage of the Site, and to contact users of the Site for information verification purposes.
(c) We also may disclose personally identifiable information when we are required to comply with the law (e.g., a subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements; in furtherance of USADA’s anti-doping mission; to protect users’ rights, property or safety; to protect users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of the Site; or if we believe that an emergency involving the danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of personal information. In addition, information about users, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of USADA.
3. STORAGE LOCATION.
USADA is based in the United States of America, and any information which we collect about you or which you provide to us may therefore be transferred to the United States. Some of our service providers may also be located in the United States or in other countries. If you are using the Site outside of the United States, you consent to your personally identifiable information being transferred to the United States and other countries, including to countries where you may have fewer legal rights. We will, however, take steps to ensure that your personally identifiable information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy, wherever it is handled.
The Site is not directed to children, and is not to be used by children. For purposes of this Policy, "children" means children under 13 years of age unless they are members of the USADA registered testing pool.
5. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
(b) These technologies do not collect or keep your name or other personally identifiable information; however, we may link the information obtained through these technologies to other personally identifiable information to give us a better understanding of your preferences, so that we can provide a more meaningful experience to you on the Site.
6. OTHER WEBSITES; LINKS. Certain third party websites may be accessible through the Site. These third party websites have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. USADA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR PRIVACY POLICIES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES. YOU SHOULD CHECK THE APPLICABLE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THOSE THIRD PARTIES WHEN PROVIDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THROUGH LINKED WEBSITES.
7. CONSENT TO THE USE OF THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS. In addition to any third parties specifically noted in this Policy which includes international federations, national governing bodies of sport and all anti-doping organizations within the meaning of the World Anti-Doping Code as may be amended from time to time, USADA may also contract with other third parties to provide various services to USADA relating to the Site on an outsourced basis rather than performing the services itself. By using the Site, all users consent to USADA providing both personal and non-personal information received from those users to these third party providers for the purpose of enabling the third party provider to provide these outsourced services to USADA. In addition, all users consent to the collection, maintenance, and processing of their personal and non-personal information by USADA and these third party providers.
8. SECURITY. USADA endeavors to secure your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure by putting into place measures to safeguard the information we collect. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and that we cannot guarantee that the Site or services will be free of any defects or flaws that affect your use of it or the security of your information.
9. GENERAL. THIS POLICY IS GOVERNED BY THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES, AND CLAIMS ARISING UNDER, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OUT OF THIS POLICY SHALL LIE EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE STATE COURTS LOCATED IN COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO, OR THE FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN DENVER, COLORADO. ANY LITIGATION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS NEITHER YOU NOR WE MAY JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, OR LITIGATE IN COURT ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL USADA HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS POLICY, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.
U.S. Anti-Doping Agency
5555 Tech Center Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80919.